I say ‘diet’, you say ‘groan’. I say ‘exercise’, you say ‘moan’.
If I came even a little bit close to your reaction to those words, it’s time to detox your brain.
Your attitude about life is one of your most important factors for success, especially when you are considering a life style adjustment. A bad attitude gets you nowhere, while a good one can provide you with enough motivation to succeed beyond what you thought was possible.
You may think that you already have a success-mindset, and perhaps you do (clap, clap, clap). However, you can always benefit from strengthening that attitude and therefore increasing your chances for the success you deserve.
How to begin? Take a look at these strategies:
1. Find your inspiration. Your why. Discover what inspires you the most and use it to jumpstart your motivation. Feeling inspired enables you to maintain the drive necessary to find success. Do anything you can within your power to find inspiration.
* Make a list of your ultimate dreams a another list of your reality. Then, examine the gap. What would it take to get from your current reality to your dream reality? Write those things down and then take the necessary steps to close that gap. If you don’t take the action, then your dream will remain a dream which will someday become a longing that someday will become a regret. Take action NOW to create the life you want.
* If you don’t feel like you’re on the right path, perhaps it’s time for a change. Maybe there’s a deeper reason why you’ve felt a lack of motivation. Reflect on what this reason might be, and then decide on how you can renew your drive. When you’re on the right journey, you’ll feel inspired!
2. Surround yourself with positive people. When you’re around positive and inspiring people, you’re more likely to adopt those traits into your own personality and go for your goals with enthusiasm. Negative people, on the other hand, tend to make you negative also or at the very least make it more difficult to stay in that positive state.
* If you must be around people that continually bring you down, remember that you are at choice AND that their negativity is not about you. Just as children tend to adopt the blame when their parents are fighting, adults have the tendency to do the same. It isn’t your fault and it isn’t your responsibility to make them feel better. Your responsbility is to be the very best person you can be.
3. Stay in gratitude. While you are leaping towards your goal, live in gratitude and appreciation for what you have now. If you are working to change the shape of your body, be grateful for that body, just as it is, now. Gratitude changes everything and is vital to achieving success. Without gratitude you’ll never be satisfied, even if you reach your goal. Be grateful now.
* The increased drive and motivation you get from your actions can be the difference between success and failure.
4. Strengthen your focus. Your focus can also play a role in your attitude. When you maintain driven toward success, it’s easier to have an optimistic attitude. If you have a lack of focus and don’t know where you’re going, it leads to being unmotivated and uncaring. Use time tracking charts so that time isn’t your enemy.
5. Allow for mistakes. You’re only human and you will make mistakes from time to time. Be careful to avoid judging yourself harshly when this happens, as it negatively affects your self-confidence. If you work on more of a “go with the flow” attitude, you’ll find that you’re able to pick yourself back up and continue moving forward when you do make a mistake.
The main things to keep in mind are that the combo of inspiration, positive thoughts, and proper motivation can lead you to a healthy and positive attitude. Follow these strategies daily and you’ll notice a boost in your spirits, a boost in your body and a boost in your life!